eeID, a simple three-in-one personal identification service
Companies that offer customers software solutions that inevitably require the electronic identification of end-users in Estonia or other EU countries will now be able to use the new eeID service, which allows them to interface with 3 services at once (Smart-ID, Mobile-ID and ID-card). This is not a separate new electronic identification solution, but it is a convenient way to consolidate existing services into a single environment.
The key to the new eeID service is simplicity – it is easy to interface with the environment and the service is convenient to manage. Also the pricing of the service is simple – there are no monthly or package fees, there is only one fee – a query costs EUR 0.09 + VAT.
Similarly to domain registry the eeID service works on a prepayment basis – the customer transfers the desired amount to their account, and the corresponding fee is deducted for each authentication.
For more detailed information, along with application and other materials that are a prerequisite for interfacing with the new personal identification service, click here!
to order the eeID service?
Head to eeID portal: https://eeid.ee
- Create an account - its possible to do this without electronic identification if you do not have suitable option available.
- Then add new service and credits to your account (there is sandbox payment system available for test services)
- Our admins will receive automatic notification once the service is defined, will review and approve if everything looks ok.
- You will receive a notification once the service has been approved and the interface is ready to use.
How billing works?
to the domain registry, the eeID service works on a prepayment basis
– the customer transfers the desired amount to their account, and
the corresponding fee is deducted for each authentication.
eeID service is based on Estonian Information System Authorities solution TARA - technical specification can be found here.
If you have questions regarding the deployment or management of the service, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org